At Grandma's Gifts we LOVE the Academy of Excellence for a variety of reasons, but here are a few:
- Classes are taught by talented teachers or regional experts who have a love of learning and want to continue their craft during the summer months!
- The camp is sponsored by the Ohio University Southern Campus which means their University experts are part of the planning and organizing!
- Classes are available for grades 1 through 6 and go through two full weeks!
- While we think of "summer camp" as crafts and camping, this is a bit different -- the Academy of Excellence allows talent and gifted children the ability to continue their learning throughout the summer on topics like science, math, history and culture, art, creative writing, clothing design, computers and technology, health, and even self-esteem! (WE LOVE THAT PART!!!)
- We are able to provide scholarships so children who wanted to attend but were afraid they would not be able to, can!
We suggest you learn more about the Academy of Excellence here. If you like what you read then help us provide more scholarships this year by donating today!